DIY NETTED UNDER-TOP

10:07 Nichol Dinan 1 Comments

After eyeing up the mesh garments by Edun, I decided to have a go at making an inspired piece by customizing some other clothing. I remembered that when I was 16 and going through a alternative phase I used to create sleeves by cutting up fishnet tights. I used to do this with quite bright colours but thought it could work well with just plain black fishnets.



WHAT YOU WILL NEED:


- Fishnet tights
-Scissors





















I decided to use tights that were size XL so they would be slightly baggy. First cut a very small triangle in the crotch area. This will be for your head. Once the fabric is stretched slightly it will be more then big enough to fit over your head. Secondly cut the ends of the feet off. Cut a small amount off at first and then try it on. More can always be cut off if the sleeves are too long. I like to stretch out the fabric after cutting, but its not a necessity. 

And you're done!!


Style up by placing a short sleeve/sleeveless top over it or with a bandeau underneath for those warmer days.

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS COOOOOOOL!
    So creative!

    http://mxdgetlegs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete